Premium credit cards are the most opted cards in the last few years across the world. The card comes at substantial annual charges with high credit limits to cardholders. The card offers several other benefits making it the top preferred card for thousands of people. However, some prefer it as a status symbol while others consider it for the benefits it offers.
However, the membership and annual fees for these credit cards can be comparatively higher than other generic credit cards but the reasons make it obvious. Well, if you take this card, there is much to avail (benefits) including a wide array of luxury & lifestyle services.
Some Best Premium Credit Cards in India
HDFC Bank Infinia Credit Card
HDFC Infinia credit cardholders can enjoy complimentary Club Marriott Membership that provides exclusive luxury privileges, this includes 20% off on the food and beverage bill at selected restaurants
- 15% off at selected hotels.
- Credit limit of ₹ 8 Lakhs and above.
- Unlimited Lounge access within & outside India for both the primary and secondary cardholders.
- Lowest foreign currency mark-up fee of 2% on all foreign currency transactions.
- Earn 5 reward points on every ₹ 150 spent on all retail shops including Insurance, Utilities, Education and Rent pay.
- Priority customer services are available
- Global Personal Concierge – 24 X 7
- Customize your travel, entertainment, and business experiences with our Global Concierge Assistance
American Express Platinum Reserve Credit Card
- You get multiple movies and online shopping vouchers every year you renew your membership.
- Avail special discounts on dining and other Privileges at Taj Hotel Palaces Resorts Safaris, Oberoi Hotels & Resorts.
- Get complimentary Priority Pass Membership
- Get other privileges including golf lessons and concierge services.
- Complimentary access to airport lounges.
- Discounts and offers on booking travel package on MakeMyTrip.com
- Complimentary access to American Express Lounges in India
- Can avail special health & fitness benefits on Fortis Healthcare, Max Healthcare, and Texas Medical Concierge.
- Get a Dedicated 24*7 concierge service.
Standard Chartered Bank Ultimate Credit Card
This card is well suited for one who wants to enjoy a premium lifestyle. The card comes with dining and travel privileges.
- Avail 5% cashback on duty-free purchases
- 24*7 concierge services
- 5 reward points on every ₹150 spent through your card.
- You get complimentary Priority Pass Membership, which comes with free airport lounges worldwide.
- Get air travel accident insurance up to ₹1 crore
- 25% discount on a few immigration services at more than 450 tourist destinations throughout the world
- Get up to 25% discount on the dining bills at more than 250 restaurants in India
- 2% mark up on international spending
- Complimentary access to premier Indian golf courses
Citibank Prestige Credit Card
This card is a perfect premium card for those who love to shop and travel, in short, it’s for those who want to live a luxurious life.
- Reward Rate – 2% – 10%
- Unlimited Lounge Access via priority passes.
- You can get 4 Add-on cards with the card.
- Redeeming your reward points for Airmiles and hotel loyalty programs.
- It can be easy to upgrade from Premier Miles.
- Get 1 reward points on every ₹100 spent across India, and 2 reward points on every ₹100 spent on internationally.
SBI ELITE Credit Card
The SBI Elite credit card is one of the most popular ones when it comes to premium cards in India. The card comes with huge reward points every time you shop at departmental or grocery stores or use the card for dining out
You get two free movie tickets each month for a total amount of ₹6,000 per year.
- Free membership to the Priority Pass Program, which gives you access to more than 1,000 airport lounges across the globe
- 50,000 bonus points as Milestone benefits.
- Foreign currency mark-up charge at 1.99%
- Access to concierge service, along with customized holiday packages, hotels, movie reservations, and gift delivery.
- Complimentary lounge access and other upgrade vouchers.
- 1,000 points with a complimentary Trident Privilege Red Tier Membership
Almost all premium credit card offers major lifestyle benefits which include complimentary airport lounge access, travel benefits, along with dining and hotel offers. Apart from all these, rewards & reward redemption rates are also important criteria to be considered before you select a premium credit card for you.
Well, these were some common things but here the most important thing to check for is- exciting offers, benefits and most importantly your requirements. Remember adding a premium credit card to your wallet can be a great addition to your budget, especially when you are a shopaholic or a traveler. So, think twice before you opt for one.