If you are a frequent traveller then the use of a credit card is a smart way to save the travelling cost. The travelling cost is increasing day by day and If we can save some money in each travel then this will be a deal of profit. There are a number of credit cards available in India which are designed exclusively for regular travellers. The right choice of an airline credit card can give you various benefits such as air miles, discounts on hotel and air tickets, discounts on car rentals, shopping discounts, bonus points, access to airport lounges, etc.
Best Airline Credit Cards Available in India
Citibank Premier Miles Credit Card
The Citibank credit card is one of the best credit cards for frequent travellers as the benefits of this credit card can be availed with over 100 airlines. One can earn reward points which can be used in future flight bookings as well on rentals and hotel stay. Some other features of this card are as follows-
- The reward points can be redeemed at over 100 domestic or international airlines
- You will get 10,000 reward points when you spend over Rs. 1000 within 60 days from the date of issue.
- On the card renewal, you will get 3000 airline miles
- You will be rewarded with 10 airline miles on the spent of every Rs. 100 on flight bookings, hotel stays and car rentals through www.premiermiles.co.in.
- You will get 10 miles on every spending of Rs. 100 on airline bookings all over the world.
- You will get 10 miles on every spending of Rs. 100 with Citibank online partner traders.
- You will get 4 miles on every spending of Rs. 100 on any other transaction through the card.
- Get access to airport lounges in any part of the country.
Fee and Charges:
Interest Rate: rate of interest (variable) could be between 37.20% and 42% p.a.
Annual Fee: Rs. 3000
American Express Platinum Travel Credit Card
This credit card can be the next option to choose for the frequent travellers. The rewards earned through this credit card can also be redeemed at any of the airlines. The benefits of availing an American express platinum travel credit card are as follows-
- You will get a welcome gift of 5000 points which is can be converted into Indigo Vouchers worth Rs. 4000.
- If you spent 1.90 lakh each year and get over Rs. 7700 worth Indigo Vouchers.
- If your transactions cross more than Rs. 4 lakhs in a year you will get a gift voucher worth Rs. 10,000 from Taj Group and Rs. 11,800 from Indigo.
- Along with the reward points, you will get free over 30 visits in a year to airport lounges in ten big cities including Delhi, Mumbai, and Bengaluru.
- You can earn up to 3% cash back on top fuel stations of the country.
- One gets 1 reward point on every spending of Rs. 50 except for cash transactions, fuel, utilities, and insurance.
Fee and Charges
Joining Fees: Rs. 3500
Interest: 40.2% per annum
Annual Fees: Rs. 5000
Axis Bank Miles & More World Credit Card
Axis bank offers a credit card for which is ideal for regular travellers. The offers and benefits that can be availed by using this credit card are-
- You will get a welcome gift of 3000 miles.
- If you spend worth Rs. 50,000 within the first 60 days, you will be awarded 2000 miles.
- On your first purchase, you will get a bonus of 5000 miles.
- You will receive 3000 miles each year as the annual bonus
- On the spending of every Rs. 200 you will earn 4 miles.
- On every spending of Rs. 200 on movie tickets you will earn 20 miles
- If you spend 1 lakh within a month through this credit card, you will be rewarded with 24,000 miles.
- You will get a free access to the Mastercard lounges anywhere in the country.
- 2.5% surcharge refund on every Rs. 400- Rs. 5000 spent on fuel on all petrol pumps across the country.
Fee and Charges
Joining Fee: Rs. 3500
Annual Fee: Rs. 3500
Interest: 2.95% each month (41.75% p.a.)
The Yatra SBI Credit Card
If you are searching for a low-cost credit card for travelling, then this may card may be appealing to you. Along will travelling benefits, this card gives attractive offers on shopping too. These benefits are not just applicable to travels but also on shopping and much more. Here are the reasons for owning a Yatra SBI Credit Card.
- The welcome gift for availing this card is voucher at Yatra.com worth Rs. 8250
- The next welcome gift is 2 nos Rs. 500 worth vouchers for domestic travels.
- You will get 2 nos of Rs. 1000 worth vouchers for overseas travels
- You will get 1 no of Rs. 750 worth voucher on a hotel stay booking
- On the use of this card on departmental stores for groceries, you will get a reward of 6x.
- You can win discount vouchers on every Rs. 3000 spent on Yata.com
- You get direct access to the top MasterCard airport lounges throughout the country.
Fee and Charges
Joining Fee: Rs. 499 plus taxes
Annual Fee: Rs. 499 plus taxes
The Bottom Line
Credit cards can give you the best benefits when used the right card for the right purpose. There are two ways to avail a credit card. The first way is to apply through the website of the card provider and the second is via a third party seller. One can search online for the best airline credit card for international travel and can apply for the same. But to avail a credit card, you must be eligible for the same. The credit card eligibility can differ from card provider to card provider. The eligibility criteria for a credit card includes nationality, income, credit history, age, employment history etc. If you fulfil all the eligibility criteria, it takes just 7 to 10 days to get your credit card in your wallet. However, one must use credit cards sensibly. An uncontrolled use of credit card can turn to be a bad debt while spoiling your credit score. So be a smart credit card user and enjoy the benefits at its fullest.
You must be logged in to post a comment.